An open letter to the New Asante Kotoko Board of Directors

I send my warm greetings to you all 
Manhyia through its quest to calm the storm at Asante Kotoko,begins with institutional restructuring and has today appointed nine of you to serve as board of directors of the club

I want to take the opportunity to congratulate the Executive board chair Kwame kyei and the eight of you 

I know how proud you all feel after the announcement, even with all your accomplishment and your stature in our society, you see this honor as one in a million.

Am confident that you are going to pay back this honor from His Majesty Otumfour Osei Tutu Ababio with a great service 

Haven’t said that, I want to let you know the task ahead is the most difficult and challenging one any of you may have ever seen, Kwame Kyei will say this to you in your first meeting I think.

A lot of people have come like they way you’ve come though they come with their shoulders high, they normally exit with disgrace and shame

I pray your exist will be a remarkable and one for generations to remember.  

I want to congratulate you all again....

Serving Kotoko comes with pride and fame but if care is not taken the end will be one you will regret till death 

I want to take this opportunity to pass to you my little advice as an up and coming journalists through this piece 

Kwame Kyei has went to hell and back all because of Kotoko and I think he’s gotten enormous experience now to change things for the better 

  1. I want to suggest that as part of your responsibility as board members I want you to consider the current managerial structure by scrapping the General manager portfolio 

Kotoko shouldn’t have Chief Executive officer and General manager as the same time.

  1. Though Manhyia has tasked you to make the club an elite club, I will appeal to you that you come out with a clear organizational mission and purpose backed with policy documents with timelines so to get the supporters and all stakeholders along. Kotoko should be run with blue print not three hours radio commentaries 
  2. Upgrade the Public relations department to fully functional communication department of which all news from the club will pass through, what I notice in the past is that, a lot of people speak for the club which brings distortions in information around the club 
  3. Transparency and accountability, this has been the bane for many leadership of the club, it will serve you good if all stakeholders are preview to the source of funding of the club and how funds are disbursed and accounted for. Ensuring transparency will mean that your rein is a success. Publishing of financial statements every accounting year will further enhanced your leadership supremacy 
  4. I will appeal to all board members to be professionals, ensure good cooperate governance, avoid leaking information about the club in any form to individual friends in the media 
  5. Visiting the lessons of Dr Kwame Kyei 
  6. I wish you all the best, God be with you.

—Listowel Mensah 

Comments